I remember my grandfather Aldo preparing this tasty frittata with onions and fresh eggs. It was so simple and so perfect. I think that we can take our family always with us through all our made with love recipes…
– Remember that for the traditional pesto recipe, a mortar is recommended.
Serves for 1 omelette
3 eggs; 2 zucchini; 1 carrot; 5 courgette flowers; 1 sweet potato; 1 small white onion; fresh aromatic herbs (sage, thyme, marjoram); fresh chilli.
Pesto: fresh basil leaves; 20 g of Parmesan; 20 g of Pecorino; 2 tablespoons of shelled dried fruit: hazelnuts, pine nuts, walnuts, almonds; 4-5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil; salt and pepper.
- Clean the basil leaves with a cloth, transfer them to a food processor together with hazelnuts, pine nuts, walnuts, almonds. Pulse a several times. Add cheese and pulse several times more. While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil so to obtain a smooth sauce . Occasionally stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor. Keep aside.
- Prepare the omelette: clean the zucchini flowers depriving them of the stem, of the leaves at the base of the flower and of the internal pistil. Cut them into thin slices. Clean the rest of the vegetables and cut them into very thin slices.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a nonstick pan with a pinch of salt, pepper and a few slices of fresh chilli. Add the onion and the potato and after some minutes the other vegetables and cook over low heat until they are quite soft but not too soft. Add some broth if necessary. Let them cool.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a fork, add the vegetables, the pesto, the cut aromatics.
- Mix all the ingredients well and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the nonstick pan on the heat, add a tablespoon of oil and spread it over the entire surface. Pour the mixture and cook for about 8-10 minutes on each side at a low flame (he omelette is ready when you see a slight crust on the surface)
- Serve your special frittata warm or hot.
Portuguese cutlery ICEL